4625 Clark Pl NW washington dc - 4625clarkplnwwashingtondc
$849,000 Palisades, Washington DC Home - a hidden gem
- call HelpUSell 202 543 7283
To see all photos, please click above on PICTURES & VIDEOS, then VIEW ALBUM, then ALL
House faces the Potomac River across a strip of what now is a part of Rock Creek Park. This means abundant on-street parking, and no possibility of anything being built to block your view of the River and Canal. If history is your thing, it is directly across street from one of Lincoln's ring of batteries and forts - a battery built to defend Fort Smith across the Potomac in Virginia during the Civil War. If it's nature you want, you'll see deer, the occasional fox, horned owl, and many birds.
It is a charming brick single family home built in 1941 with many updates. It has:
- 3 bedrooms, one used as a small study, or four if you put your teenager in the fully private downstairs family room
- 2 full baths (one marble floor and other with saltillo tiles)
- separate dining room with access to glass enclosed tiled back porch (with gas heater making it a 4-season room)
- Living room with large white fireplace and marble hearth
- Family room downstairs, carpeted, w/2nd bath
- All windows on first floor are new, energy efficient, and configured without panes for maximum light. Most windows have wooden plantation shutters installed.
- All floors, with exception of kitchen which is tiled, are original oak (only family room downstairs is carpeted).
- Most appliances are new (refrigerator, dishwasher, disposal, washer) and the large 5-burner stove is vintage original (two ovens-- one is a rotisserie)!
- All heating/AC vents have been recently professionally cleaned, and new vent covers put in place.
- Wooden oak front door (with keypad programmable lock) is new, as is portico and bricked front walk.
- French drain dug, and sump pump installed, so the completely renovated, livable basement is very dry.
- Door from family room leads to garden through a handy "mud" room for storage of mower, gardening tools and pots, etc. This could be made into private entrance, thus making the entire downstairs a privately entered apartment, but we preferred using this entry as a "mud/garden room."
- Walk-up staircase to attic, which has been outfitted with built in shelving, and a huge cedar closet spanning one end of the house; two windows allow for light and air.
- Glass enclosed heated porch with entry from both dining room and kitchen overlooks a lovely fully fenced-in backyard garden filled with perennials (especially hydrangeas including the lace-capped variety hand cut from an old Georgetown garden) and a brick patio that I put in by hand using historic Foggy Bottom bricks (I'll tell you the story). Garden is gatelocked for privacy. Pets and children are safe. Mulch area in corner of tall hedged (holly) back end.
Square footage is approx 2,000, including the fully enclosed back porch and the fully livable family room/bedroom with bathroom downstairs. City water and sewer; close to fire station; walk one block to downtown or uptown bus stops; less than one mile from grocery store, restaurants, Georgetown, etc.
Price: $875,000. 2.5% to buyer's agent.
Many thanks for your interest.
Palisades, Washington DC house for sale
Pictures & Videos
4/23/2014 6:55:47 PM