72challenger - 72challenger
FOR SALE - 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
I am the son of the ORGINAL OWNER of this authentic 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye with LOW MILEAGE, ORIGINAL PAINT (no rust through), ORIGINAL VINYL TOP, and ORIGINAL INTERIOR (original spare tire has never been out of the trunk). The car is unmolested, in 95% original condition, and has been in storage since 1976 when my parents married and started a family. All original documentation (sales brochure, build sheet, etc.) is available and all serial numbers match. I still have the vast majority of original parts that were upgraded in 1974, all of which will be sold with the vehicle should the buyer wish to restore to factory grade.
My father had a custom Rajay Series "E" turbocharger and positraction rear end installed in 1974 by a well known and respected automotive engineer in Akron, OH by the name of Chuck Wright. Chuck was a major player on various engine programs for each of the "Big 3" in years past and operates ProCar Associates in Akron, OH to this day (http://www.procarassociates.com). I spoke with Chuck in July 2012 and he vividly remembered the car as a "rocket sled" with drivability even without having seen it in 38 years (I actually transported the car to his facility a few weeks later for an event). Chuck granted me permission to use his name in the sale of the vehicle and reiterated that it is not an ordinary car.
Note: The black color visible in the engine compartment is not rust or grease - it is Ziebart rust proof applied in 1972. I considered detailing the engine compartment but was strongly advised not to do so since it represents the car in its original 1970's condition (vintage coins aren't polished for fear of diminished authenticity).
- 318 2-Bbl (220 CFM, Rochester) with 325HP+ @ wheels
- Rajay Series "E" Turbocharger (custom installation - NOT A KIT!)
- 10.5 lbs boost (fixed) w/ water injection after 6 lbs of boost
- Stainless steel 2 1/2" O.D. exhaust Y-pipe (also supports turbo housing)
- Single exhaust/1st design Corvair Spyder low-restriction muffler
- TorqueFlite 3-Speed "manual shift" automatic (no clutch)
- 3.23 Positraction Rear End (still have original 3.23 Ring & Pinion)
- 26,412 miles (never disconnected or turned back)
- If not for a trip to Texas, California and Washington in 1973 (8,500 miles round trip) it would be below 20,000 miles
- Driven from 1972 to 1976
- Stored from 1976 to present (indoors)
- Asking $33,500 (NADA = $35,000)
- Turbo customization is valued at approximately $8,000 by Chuck Wright as of July, 2012
1972 Dodge - 04 = Fender Trim Tag.JPG
1972 Dodge - 04 = Fender Trim Tag.JPG 2005-07-07
Pictures & Videos
4/24/2014 2:39:33 PM