Picture 005.jpg 2011-02-11
Picture 049.jpg 2011-01-20
Picture 047.jpg 2011-01-20
Picture 044.jpg 2011-01-20
Picture 042.jpg 2011-01-20
Picture 040.jpg 2011-01-20
Picture 039.jpg 2011-01-20
Picture 031.jpg 2011-01-19
Picture 023.jpg 2011-01-19
Picture 009.jpg 2011-01-19
Picture 010.jpg 2011-01-19
Picture 002.jpg 2011-01-18
SUGAR FREE ALL STARS
Please visit the videos posted to the left to see our students enjoying the SUGAR FREE ALL STAR PERFORMANCE. This assembly was made possible from a grant through the Oklahoma Arts Council !
2011 CHARACTER EDUCATION
Beginning this January I will be visiting each classroom daily for a week to work with students on Character Education lessons. We will learn about Kindness, Integrity, Respect and Citizenship. Students will have the chance to master these "traits" and earn tags that will go on an individual bracelet to remind them daily about being good students.
Be watching for your student to bring home their bracelet !
When a child might need or benefit from counseling. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Behavior, which interferes with a child’s ability to learn or make friends.
2. Excessive anger, uncontrollable emotions, sadness, or fears.
3. Behavior, which is immature for the child’s age.
4. Physical symptoms, which have no medical cause.
5. Preoccupation with sexual behaviors or identity issues.
6. Talking about not wanting to live.
7. Self-harm or repeated incidents of self-harm.
8. Being bullied at school, on the way to or from school.
9. Difficulty in adjusting to common family changes.
10. Experiencing trauma such as: abuse, abandonment, and domestic violence including witnessing it through seeing or hearing, divorce and separation,
11. Death or the loss of a family member or pet, chronic illness, hospitalization, moving away, or a painful experience. What may seem insignificant to you, may be very significant to a child.
These are only a few of the reasons. If it is behavior that seems “not normal” then let’s get together and talk.
I have been going to each classroom bi-weekly with lessons on making your child(ren) a sucessful student. Be sure to ask them about our fun lessons and see how smart they are ! The skills may include anything from working on our stress levels to healthy habits.
It was good to see so many parents and guardians at Parent Teacher Conferences. Keep up the good work with your student. Staying informed and up to date on educational issues will help your student succeed.
Oh my gosh - I can't believe it is already September. The last few weeks have flown by. We have one of the largest enrollments Cordell Elementary has ever had ! It's fun to see all the new faces. We will begin our TOO GOOD FOR DRUGS class lessons this month !
WOW ! What an awesome first week. We have one of the largest enrollments EVER !!! Welcome to all new stuents and staff. I am looking forward to a fantastic school year !
BACK TO SCHOOL !!!
School begins Thursday, August 12 ! Can't wait to see everyone.
The Oklahoma State Department Mandated Testing for Elementary will be April 19 - 22. Grades 3 - 6 will be taking the tests. We have learned it, we know it and now we are going to show it !
Spring Break is quickly approaching
Be sure to continue to read, rest and work over the break to ensure you keep your skills sharp and are ready for the FINAL 9 WEEKS !
Be enthusiastic about learning !
Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved." ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We began PROJECT WISDOM January 4. Project Wisdom is a character education program that focuses on thought provoking daily announcements that motivate students to do their personal best.
“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ~~ George Bernard Shaw
Junior Blue Devil of the Ballgame
Each week from now until February students will earn tickets to go in a drawing to be a JUNIOR BLUE DEVIL OF THE BALLGAME. Students will be able to sit with the cheerleaders, win prizes and be recognized at the game. Students earn tickets by being good students and working hard.