East Orange Girl Scouts - eastorangegirlscouts
GIFTs for Girls
Help us reach our goal!
Go to our service unit donation page at www.youcaring.com/eastorange
. Help us reach our goal of $1,815.00. If 121 people donated $15 we would reach our goal.
This money helps girls that can't afford to pay for camp or programs attend these wonderful events and activities.
Girl Scout Websites
Welcome to East Orange Girl Scouts
We help the girls and adults in the East Orlando area that would like to be involved in girl scouting. We have many ways to participate and one or more might be right for you. For more info on how to join in the great opportunities please go to one of the above tabs.
Pay for Service Unit Events through PayPal
Sign up for a free PayPal acct at paypal.com
...it's recommended (not required) that it be a troop only paypal acct. and not linked to your personal PayPal acct so you don't accidentally pay with the wrong acct. This will require an email be set up for the troop. Also, if you step down as volunteer of this troop then you can give the new volunteer leader the paypal acct info.
It takes 2-3 days to link your acct to your GS bank acct so don't wait until the last minute to do this.
Once you've confirmed your bank acct on the PayPal follow these steps to pay via PayPal.
- log into your acct at www.paypal.com
- select the "send money" tab
- enter the email address of the recipient...for SU fees it will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- type in the payment amount
- IMPORTANT!! select the family and friends option only...this will help everyone avoid paying fees. If you fail to do so you will be required to pay the fees.
- look over form
in the subject line add your troop numberin the message line include your troop number and what you're paying for
- is the total correct?
- is the recipient correct?
- is the bank acct info correct? Do not pay with CC or debit or there will be fees and you will be expected to pay them.
Did You Know?
Every volunteer MUST resubmit a background check (Vol. Application & Consent Form
) every 3 years.
Troop Campers must re-qualify (scroll to bottom of page)
every five years...this is to ensure the safety of girls and provide quality outdoor experiences.
Troop Finance Reports are due 3 times per year.
1) 1st report: Due at Oct. SUMtg and must include Sept. bank statement (be sure cover all months not previously covered in prior report).
2) 2nd report: Due at Jan. SUMtg and must include Dec. bank statement
3) Final Report: Submit one of two options to meet your needs
* Due at May SUMtg and must include Apr. bank statement
* Due 3rd Tues in June and must include May bank statement
You must be a member of the site to see all of the site content (i.e. files, event info, calendar, etc...), post/see pictures and add comments. If you are not a member and you are a volunteer of East Orange Service Unit please email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to add you.
As a member you must be signed in (create your own username and password) in order to be allowed those privileges.
Take care, Terri Watkins
4/24/2014 1:25:17 AM