QUALIFICATIONS FOR FOOD - The Joseph's Storehouse Food Ministry gives food to qualified Wilson County, TN residents who can prove their residency and income with the following:
A. 2 forms of official documentation such as a Social Security card, USDA ID, a TN driver's license or other US or TN government ID card, etc.
B. Proof of income for the past 6 to 12 months
C. A utility bill showing your current address (such as an electricity or water bill)
Upon approval by the Joseph's Storehouse staff, recipients will receive a Joseph's Storehouse ID card which is valid for six months to receive food on an on-going basis.
FOOD GIVEAWAY SCHEDULE - The primary food distribution is normally held on the last Saturday of each month and the last Thursday BEFORE the last Saturday. (*Please see the section below about the Thursday giveaways). The hours are from 8:30 am to 12 noon on both days.
Note: The food giveaway in November & December is held on the weekends BEFORE Thanksgiving & Christmas in order to accommodate the holidays.
*THURSDAYS ARE FOR THE HANDICAPPED AND PHYSICALLY DISABLED - The giveaway on those Thursdays are only for qualified Wilson County, TN residents who can prove with a doctor's note that they have a physical handicap or require additional assistance. NOTE: There is currently a waiting list for openings on those Thursdays and no other food recipients will be served until there are more spaces available.
EMERGENCY SITUATIONS - Qualified Wilson County, TN residents who need food assistance for situations including emergencies, job loss, health issues, lapses in government assistance and/or other unforeseen circumstances may apply for a 'one-time only' basis on Monday through Thursday from 8:30 to 12 Noon.
APPROVAL/DISPUTES/QUESTIONS - Joseph's Storehouse administrators will be the final arbiters for decisions, qualifications and food distributions.
Love One Another Embassy, Inc.
d/b/a Joseph's Storehouse Food Ministry
1960 S.E. Tater Peeler Road
Lebanon, TN 37090
HOURS: 8:30 AM - 12 Noon Mon-Thurs
click this link for PayPal.com and send donations to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Wilson County residents receive an average of 500 wheelbarrows of food each month
· Over 2 million pounds of food and toiletry items are distributed each year
· More than 2,500 needy families are registered with us
· Approximately 40% of those we serve are elderly or disabled, and another 35% or more are single mothers who support children on a subsistence income.
· We provide far more than food and toiletry items for those in need; we also offer them the life changing hope, support, and encouragement needed for those who want to get their lives back on track.
· Food and toiletry items are also provided to other public charities in Wilson and surrounding counties in TN
· We also work with organizations such as Second Harvest Food Bank; Operation Blessing; Feed America First; and Feed the Children, just to name a few
· We are an approved IRS tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charity allowing us to receive tax deductible contributions
· Our administrative cost is consistently low, only 6% in 2011!
· You can give with confidence knowing that the vast majority of the funds go directly to program costs of feeding people!
· We are an approved USDA distributor of commodities
· We are registered with the TN Department of Charitable Soliciations
· We are independently audited and our 990 returns are publicly available at Guidestar.org
·We are a United Way agency and a member of the Lebanon Chamber of Commerce.
· We work closely with local businesses, churches, and government officials to ensure we serve the community effectively.
· We are a distribution point for USDA commodities and WEMA disaster relief.