Mrs. Lusk's Afternoon Class - mrslusksafternoonclass
Welcome to the Mrs. Lusk's Afternoon Class site!
Welcome to our classroom site! Here you'll find the pictures & videos from class activities, the class calendar, volunteer sign-up sheets, and the class list and parent contact information.
South America, Cinco de Mayo, Rain Forest, Zoo Trip, Isthmus and Strait, End of School theme weeks
October Afternoon News.doc
September Afternoon News.doc
Classroom Orientation Notes.doc
Reminders and Requests
The previous entry says "we will go outside everyday." I have changed my mind on that idea. We will go outside Wednesday and Friday if the temperature is above 15 degrees.
Please label ALL of your child's outside snow gear. It is a BIG help for me so I can help each child keep track of their coats, hats, mittens, snow pants, boots, etc.
As our weather changes please send your child with appropriate outside gear. We will be going outside everyday weather permitting.
A few things for next week
- Monday we have no school
- Tuesday begins our regular school hours, dismissal at 3:20
- Parent Orientation for the school in the Cultural Center at 6:30pm
Each child will need:
* A backpack with his/her name written on the outside and large enough for a folder to fit inside.
* Appropriate outside clothing everyday. We will use our recess time if weather and time allows.
* To bring a healthy snack on your child’s designated snack week. Everyone will be assigned a week during the school year to bring snack.
Please do not send:
* Backpack with retractable handles and umbrellas.
* Open-toed shoes, sandals, clogs or slippery dress shoes. All of these things pose a safety issue with the children.
* Please leave toys at home. When a student brings a toy in the backpack it becomes an object that the student wants to take out and share. Sharing is good but experience tells us that these toys are more of a distraction from all the learning that could be taking place.
5/22/2013 6:44:17 PM