Mrs. Moorman's Class - Mastery Club
Browse Our Site!
The Info Spot
Photos of Years Past
Computer Lab Projects
Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due!
The Mastery Club is the brain child of a wonderfully dynamic teacher, Mrs. Heather Renz. She designed this "club" as a way for students to seek out new information and strive to always learn more. In our class, we have adapted the Club to fit our needs, while keeping with the same intention of the original design. Thank you Mrs. Renz for allowing us the opportunity to learn through your program.
Mastery Club -- Science Recording Sheets.pdf
1. Name 15 kinds of fish.
2. Name 15 mammals.
3. Name 15 vertebrate animals.
4. Name 15 desert creatures.
5. Name 10 amphibians.
6. Name 10 reptiles.
7. Name 10 dinosaurs.
8. Name 10 deciduous trees and explain what a deciduous tree is.
9. Name 10 chemicals and their chemical symbols.
10. Name 10 rocks or minerals.
11. Name 10 constellations.
12. Identify 10 organs in the human body.
13. Name 3 types of clouds and list one fact about each.
14. Name 5 inventors and their inventions.
15. Draw a picture naming the stages of the water cycle.
16. Name the order of the colors of the rainbow.
17. Label 15 bones in the human skeleton.
18. Name 5 things magnets attract and 5 things they don't.
19. Name the order of the planets in our solar system.
20. Name 15 different types of birds.
21. Name 10 ocean creatures.
This is a club for those students in Mrs. Moorman's class who are interested in achieving "above and beyond" the normal classroom expectations. All you have to do is learn all about the topic, and then come tell Mrs. Moorman the answers during your recess or lunch break, or before or after school. You can become a 1 star member or achieve even higher levels of greatness!
Although you may use your notes to study from, you must memorize the Mastery Club answer, because you will have to tell Mrs. Moorman the answers without looking at your notes. You are limited to one Mastery Club challenge per day. If you don't pass your challenge the first time, you may try again the next day.
Each time you answer a challenge correctly, you will earn one star. After you pass 20 challenges, you will earn a place on our classroom "Mastery Club Hall of Fame."
Get started by checking out the list of Mastery Club challenges posted inside your folder. And remember, in the Mastery Club, learning never ends (thank goodness!)
Science Research Links
22. Identify the 7 continents.
23. Identify 15 countries on a world map.
24. Identify 15 major world cities on a map.
25. Name 10 counties in California.
26. Identify 10 countries in South America on a map.
27. Name 10 countries bordering the Pacific Ocean.
28. Name 10 countries in Europe.
29. Name 10 countries in Africa.
30. Name 10 countries in Asia.
31. Name 10 major bodies of water.
32. Name 10 major world rivers.
33. Name 10 major mountain ranges in the world.
34. Name 10 large lakes in North America.
35. Write all 50 states on a U.S. Map.
36. Name all 50 state capitals.
37. List the abbreviations for each of the 50 states.
38. Name the 13 U.S. colonies.
39. Name 10 Native American tribes found in California.
40. Name 5 early explorers of California.
41. Name the state symbols of California.
42. Name the first 10 amendments to the US Constitution.
43. Name the 1st – 10th US presidents in order.
44. Name the 11th – 20th US presidents in order.
45. Name the 20th – 30th US presidents in order.
46. Name the 31st – 43rd US presidents in order.
Geography Research Links
History Research Links
Language Arts Tasks
Language Arts and Lingustics Tasks
47. Define "verb" and name 20.
48. Define "adjective" and name 15.
49. Define "adverb" and name 15.
50. Define "preposition" and name 15.
51. Define "noun" and name 10 common and 10 proper.
52. Name 10 famous authors and one book each wrote.
53. Give an example of alliteration, personification, simile, metaphor and onomatopoeia.
54. Count to 20 in Spanish.
55. Count to 20 in French.
56. Use sign language to "sign" the alphabet.
Linguistics Research Links
The Info Spot
Computer Lab Pr...
5/24/2013 5:22:28 PM