Living Museum Project
· Choose a colonial trade that you find interesting.
· Research your trade- What do you do? How did you learn it? What does your day look/sound/feel/smell like? Who are the people you meet everyday?
· Create a podcast (this will be done in school) describing who you are and what you do.
· Create a display for your table. Items may include: tools of the trade (pictures or replicas), pictures/items comparing the colonial trade and modern day trade, etc. Use your imagination!
· Dress up to look like a colonist! You will stand next to your display as a representation of the trade. When people come to your exhibit, they will play your podcast and look at your display to learn all about your trade!
The first step is to decide 2 trades you would have liked to pursue if you lived in colonial times. Look through some of these websites if you need help. Talk with your family about your choices.
Mrs. Rappoccio's Bookmark Site- lots of great sites here!
Tradesman in Colonial America
Trades and Artisans
Historic Trades Slideshow
Memorial Hall Museum (this site has pictures of colonial clothing)