You must do one speller’s choice activity each night in order to prepare for your spelling test on Friday. You should complete these activities in your Language Arts notebook. Please write the name of the activity and the date at the top of the page and then complete the activity. Turn in your notebook on Friday before the test to be checked.
You may choose any four of the following activities.
**Please choose a different activity each night!**
1. ABC order- Write your words in alphabetical order.
2. Reversed words- Write your words in ABC order… backwards!
3. Rainbow words- Use three different colors to write your words.
4. Cheer your words- Pretend you are a cheerleader and cheer out your words (and spell them too!) to an adult. Write this in the box as your choice and have someone sign their name to say they listened to you cheer your words!
5. Backwards words- Write your words forwards, then backwards!
6. Silly sentences- Use all of your words in 10 sentences.
7. Pyramid words- Write your words adding one letter at a time. The result will be a pyramid shape of words!
8. Go to the website http://www.spellingcity.com. You can do two different activities each week from . Write this in your Language Arts notebook as your choice and have someone sign it to say you did your words on Spelling City!
9. Disappearing words- Write each word, then write it again but leave one letter out… then write it again and leave TWO letters out… then three… until your word has disappeared!
cowboy _owboy __wboy ___boy ____oy _____y _____
10. Computer fun- Use your computer to type your words. Use different fonts and make it look really fun! Be sure you print it out and tape it in your Language Arts notebook! Or you can type your words in an e-mail to me too, if you want- email@example.com
11. Friendly Words- Write two words that share a letter so they are touching!
c a t
12. Air Words- Use your finger to write each word in the air. Have a parent do the same. See if you can figure out their word! Write this in your notebook as your choice and have someone sign it to say you spelled your words in the air.
13. Other Handed- If you are right handed, write your words with your left hand! If you are left handed, write your words with your right hand!
14. Sailboat style- write your words in the shape of a sailboat!
15. Vocabulary Web- print off a vocabulary web and complete it for a word you find challenging this week.