Pie Recipes - pierecipesz
It's thought that Banoffee Pie Recipe was made by Ian Dowding and Nigel Mackenzie in 1972. Over time banoffee pie became increasingly popular and is now served worldwide.
Mackenzie owned a restaurant in East Sussex, England called The Hungry Monk and Dowding was the chef. Dowding apparently thought of the idea having seen a united states dish called "Blum's Coffee Toffee Pie" which consisted of smooth toffee topped with coffee flavoured cream. In accordance with Dowding though, this recipe rarely worked - it either didn't set properly or dried "like concrete".
Together they adapted the concept to toffee and bananas making in the word "banoffi", that has now converted into "banoffee" and it is now section of the English language used to describe whatever tastes of banana and toffee. So that they added the new Banoffee Pie with their menu and located it became quite popular that diners would actually request table bookings only when this particular dessert was on the menu. Actually, it became very popular that they simply couldn't remove it from recption menus.
Soon after years or so Dowding claims that other local restaurants begun to combine it with their menu, and then they started to hear rumours that the dessert was being bought from restaurants australia wide and America. In addition, it became highly popular in India during the late 1970's, probably as a result of young backpackers who enlightened the locals with this dish.)
Below is a fantastic Recipes to make your own personal
3 large bananas
300g biscuits (digestive biscuits are fine)
350ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
100g chocolates (to embellish)
397g tin of caramel
1. Melt the butter inside a pan. Whilst the butter melts crush the oaty biscuits (using a blender would be perfect, otherwise a plastic bag and rolling pin would get the job done nicely). Preheat the oven to 180C or gas mark 4. In a bowl mix the crushed biscuits using the butter.
2. Transfer the biscuit / butter mixture right into a 20-25cm flat round tin and press into an even layer.
3. Devote the oven and allow in order to smoke for Ten minutes. Look at the mixture has lightly toasted, if it hasn't provide a couple of more minutes.When you are happy go ahead and take base out your oven and let it cool. Once cool, carefully transfer the beds base to a plate.
4. When the is made of cool, pour around the caramel evenly and put within the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
5. Once chilled, slice the bananas and place them within the caramel.
6. Place the chocolate in the microwave to melt, even though it's melting whip the cream using the icing sugar until thick and spread over the bananas.
7. Finally, carefully pour the decorating chocolate over the Dessert Recipes and serve.
Pictures & Videos
4/24/2014 4:01:42 AM