WELCOME! Learn about TBOS
The items listed below help to describe what we are all about. Please visit our public web pages for more information.
· Calendar of Events: TBOS Monthly Program and Drawing Table advertiser announcements. Check here for the other Florida area orchid events.
· Bloom Table: Members bring in their orchids to our monthly meetings to share their beauty. Photos and descriptions are posted on our web site and published in our newsletter.
· Orchid Albums: Members post photos of their orchids that bloom in between meetings to share with others.
· TBOS Shows: We host an annual orchid show and sale. Members are encouraged to exhibit their orchids and volunteer their time.
· TBOS Exhibits: We participate in the Shows of other local orchid societies. View our award winning displays.
· AOS News: Current hot news from the American Orchid Society. We are an Affiliated Society and support our local Judging Center.
· Library: Reference materials are available for all levels of orchid enthusiasts.
· Hospitality: Refreshments contributed and shared by members at our meetings.
· Community Service: We support charitable causes in the local community and educational orchid endeavors.
· Q and A: Questions & Answers about orchids.
· Orchid Tidbits: General orchid information and taxonomic revisions.
· Blog: Use this page for discussions on anything orchids.
· Links: Connect to helpful orchid related sites across the internet.
To view the pages in this section, you must be a member of Tampa Bay Orchid Society.
· Members Only: Contains current and archived meeting photos and highlights as well as links to member email addresses. Additional Membership Privileges: Each member receives an annual yearbook. Each member receives a gift orchid at our December meeting. Members can participate in sales of their orchids at meetings and botanical garden functions.
· Newsletter: Only members receive a copy our monthly newsletter, Orchid Press. This page contains current and archived Orchid Press newsletters.
· Volunteer Sign-Ups: Sign up to participate in Society Events & Functions
To fill in this form, save it to your computer and fill it in using Acrobat Reader.
If you don't have Acrobat Reader, it is free on line at acrobat.com
We are always looking for people interested in joining our passion. Our membership includes novice to expert as well as hobbyist to commercial, ORCHID growers & ORCHID admirers.
Who Can Join?
We invite anyone interested in the culture of ORCHIDS to join. Members are encouraged to devote some of their time by participating in various activities to support the Society's goals. Members are requested to conduct themselves in a manner that is in the best interest of the Society.
Benefits of Joining
There are several benefits to becoming a member of our organization. Our members are friendly and we have a great time when we get together. Of course we also have a common interest in learning more about ORCHIDS. Our meetings are filled with information to help you grow with ORCHIDS.
How Can You Join? How Can You Renew Your Membership?
To join or renew your membership, we need a completed application, which can be downloaded below, along with your payment. Feel free to request one of our Membership Chairs, Jane or Victor Corbett to contact you by your preferred method; just send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help get you started.
Single membership $25.00 USD
Joint membership $30.00 USD
USPS Mail add $6.00 USD
Lifetime membership $250.00 USD = 10 x single fee
If paying for a new membership after Dec. 31st, the cost is $12.50 for half a year
We welcome you to come join us at our next meeting and meet other orchid enthusiasts for a fun filled educational evening.
We meet in Tampa.
WELCOME to our web pages! We hope you find the information on this site helpful in learning more about our organization. The Tampa Bay Orchid Society, Inc., wishes to extend an invitation to all ORCHID enthusiasts, to attend our monthly meetings and join as a member.
Tampa Bay Orchid Society meets on the third Thursday of each month (unless otherwise announced), NEW MEETING LOCATION beginning Sept. 20, 2012. Christ the King - 821 South Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33609-4410.
http://goo.gl/maps/dLWQO We meet behind the two story building to the left of the flag poles.
Please check our CALENDAR page for Guest Speakers and activities as well as any last minute schedule changes.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m.
Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.
Each month we have a short Educational Program, followed by a noted guest speaker who provides us with a presentation from the world of orchids.
Don't be overwhelmed if you are visiting for the first time. There is much to learn about orchids. If you leave our meeting with even one new fact or growing tip you will soon yearn for more. Before you know it...you will be addicted in a good way.
After you have visited our site please take a moment to sign our GUESTBOOK. Let us know what you think of our site. Your comments and suggestions will be reviewed to help improve our content.
Find Our Meeting Room
Organized June 18, 1981
American Orchid Society Affiliated Oct 23, 1981
Our Goal is to promote the interest, education, culture and artistic use of Orchids.
Our monthly meetings are filled with guest speakers who educate us and share their knowledge on the vast expanse of Orchids. We have a Library for members to check out a wide variety of books, a bloom table where members bring in their blooming orchids and AOS judges discuss each of them. We also have an educational segment where members share their knowledge, a Distribution and Exchange where attendees have the opportunity to win a plant from our many advertisers, a Hospitality table filled with tasty treats to enjoy during the break, periodic field trips and community involvement projects. Come join us.
Promoting the Interest, Education,
Culture & Artistic use of ORCHIDS
TAMPA BAY ORCHID SOCIETY
If you have encountered any problems navigating through our site please e-mail us with specific details so we may review and correct the problem.
e-mail us at email@example.com