Ship's Motto: "CAN DO"
. . .Because what we did was important. . .
Shipboard Sounds-Bosun's Pipe-Music-Sea Sounds-Liberty Call-General Quarters
- 1965-1968 Miscellaneous photos and Memorabilia Moved to Bryce Canyon History Site
- Note: If you have photographs, cruise books you would like scanned and placed on the site, or other memorabilia you would like placed on this site please contact Bruce A. Campbell at: BlueJacket411@gmail.com to make arrangements
The links below are courtesy of Military Locators and Reunion Services.
- The U.S.S. Bryce Canyon History Paper was compiled by Bruce Campbell, MA3, 1965-1967
- The expanded 160 page version of the History of the U.S.S. Bryce Canyon will be available at the 2014 reunion
- It is 160 pages in length and contains a table of contents, ship's photos, commissioning photos, ship's awards, and a chronological history
- It contains over 65 photos from different ports
- It contains photos of the U.S.S. Barton (DD-722) and the U.S.S. Walke (DD-723) as the Bryce Canyon was performing repairs after striking mines during the Korean War 1951
Note: "Anchors Aweigh" and "Eternal Father," aka :"The Navy Hymn" are courtesy of Navy.mil, official web site of the United States Navy.
To listen to the Shipboard Sounds listed below, double-click on your selection, then click 'OPEN' in the dialog box