WJIS + WJPS Counselor, Frank A. Uhlir - wjiscounselorfrankauhlir
Welcome to Mr. Uhlir's Counselor's Corner!
The school counselor at West Jackson Intermediate School and West Jackson Primary School is Mr. Frank Uhlir.
Mr. Uhlir is a certified professional with training in human services, group and individual counseling, research, consultation, career development, and in the coordination of a developmental school counseling program.
The counseling program is essentially designed to help students become successful learners. The counseling program is also focused on encouraging the development of a good self-concept, helping students improve peer relationships, helping students develop good communication skills, and with helping these children deal with any personal problems that they may encounter.
In order to best serve the students at WJIS and WJPS, the counselor will provide the following services:
· Individual counseling sessions which may include meeting with students and parents to
develop coping skills related to academic, personal, and emotional needs.
· Conduct group sessions, which meet the needs of students with similar concerns.
· Give classroom presentations that include Good Touch/Bad Touch, study skills, listening
skills, career information and guidance, conflict resolution, character education, social
skills,and drug education.
· Coordinate services between social/community agencies and the school.
· Act as resource person for families needing assistance.
· Provide workshops and classes for parents on topics of interest.
It is important for all of us to work together to help provide a caring and safe environment for our students. Please don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Uhlir if you have any questions regarding the counseling program, the school, or your child.
2nd Grade Trans...
Red Ribbon Week
5/23/2013 10:21:58 AM